You don’t always need mobile signal to make and receive calls. With WiFi Calling on a compatible smartphone and the My Vodafone app, you can make calls over broadband at home and on the move.
Experiencing mobile signal blackspots in your home? Don’t worry, help is at hand.
Simply jump on to your home WiFi connection – or public WiFi when your’re out and about – and carry on chatting. Here’s how.
To use WiFi Calling on your Vodafone account, you’ll need to have one of our more recent price plans as well as a compatible phone. An ever-increasing range of smartphones – from household names such as Apple, Huawei, Nokia and Samsung – are compatible with WiFi Calling.
You won’t experience any difference in call experience – you can use your usual contacts/phone app and phone number, while the person receiving your call doesn’t need to have the service to answer your call. It’s all pretty seamless.
Set up WiFi Calling on the My Vodafone App
- Open the My Vodafone app.
- Tap the Manage Bars & Extras button. The Extras screen will appear.
- Tap the Manage Bars and Extras button. The Manage Bars and Extras screen will appear.
- Tap the Calling options button.
- The WiFi Calling panel will appear – tap the slider for WiFi and 4G calling to the ‘on’ position.
Alternatively, set up WiFi Calling online
- Go to the Vodafone UK website. Click on My Vodafone and log in with your account details.
- You’ll see the Account Summary screen. In the panel on the left-hand side of the screen, click ‘Settings’.
- You’ll see the Account Settings screen. Click on ‘Services and extras’ in the panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The Services and Extras screen will appear. Click on ‘Calling options’ in the panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The WiFi Calling panel will appear – click the slider for WiFi and 4G calling to the ‘on’ position.
Is WiFi Calling on your handset switched on?
The exact steps for enabling WiFi Calling on your handset will vary depending on which model you have. For step-by-step instructions on how to switch it on, visit the Vodafone UK website.