VOXI will donate over £60,000 to Cool Earth rainforest initiatives and give customers the choice on how it is spent.
- New charity partnership with Cool Earth offers customers the opportunity to support rainforest projects.
- Range of refurbished devices now available for customers – helping to extend the life of mobile phones and save customers over £500.
VOXI by Vodafone is partnering with rainforest charity Cool Earth as part of its commitment to tackle climate change and electronic waste, helping to create a net zero future.
VOXI’s reward scheme, VOXI Drop, will donate over £60,000 to Cool Earth. This will be spent on a variety of projects supporting biodiversity, people and trees. VOXI customers will be asked to choose which of these projects they would like the donation – made on their behalf – to support.
VOXI has also launched a range of refurbished mobile phones, helping to extend the life of devices and reduce electronic waste, while allowing customers to save over £500.
Cool Earth works alongside rainforest communities to halt deforestation. It works in countries including Peru, Papua New Guinea, Mozambique, Cambodia and Cameroon and is committed to helping rainforest communities protect 100,000 hectares of rainforest across three continents.
With 76% of Gen-Z consumers saying climate change is one of their biggest concerns, the Cool Earth partnership gives VOXI customers the chance to spend the funds on one of the following projects:
- Biodiversity: to fund the protection of the species that live in rainforests.
- People: to provide financial support to local communities in the rainforest to help them adapt in the face of changing climates.
- Trees: to help protect trees within the rainforest that act as carbon sinks and support all life on earth.
To get involved, VOXI customers simply need to log in to their account, tap the VOXI Drop button, select the project they’d like to support and VOXI will donate £4 to it*. Customers can also enter to win one of 60 sustainably produced Cool Earth T-Shirts using the VOXI Drop page on their account.
VOXI runs on the Vodafone network. Vodafone has committed to achieve net zero by 2040 globally and will eliminate carbon emissions from its UK operations by 2027. Vodafone’s business across Europe – including its network, data centres, retail stores and offices – is now powered by 100% renewable electricity. Vodafone also recently announced it is switching to Eco-SIM, made from 100% recycled plastic, from next year, while also offering digital eSIM, supported by a growing number of compatible devices. From next year, VOXI will be offering Eco-SIMs to its customers, too.
Refurbished devices – now available on VOXI
VOXI has also announced that it will offer customers the option of buying a refurbished smartphone – helping to extend the life of devices and reduce electronic waste. The devices available are like new, but for a bargain price. This could save customers over £500. Those who choose to purchase a refurbished device will also receive a 12-month warranty, so you can keep your phone up-and-running for no extra cost as repair fees are included in your plan. Introductory offers available until 29 November 2021 include:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G 128GB: Brand New Price (£930) – Like New Price (£660), saving £270.
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini 64GB: Brand New Price (£600) – Like New Price (£495), saving £105.
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G 128GB: Brand New Price (£1,140) – Like New Price (£600), saving £540.
Scott Currie, Head of VOXI, said: “I’m delighted that this month, through our partnership with Cool Earth, we’re giving our customers the opportunity to fund important environmental projects that will help prevent deforestation and make a real difference to the future of our planet. We’re also introducing refurbished phones – this not only offers great value, but extends the life of devices, reducing e-waste and helping us in our journey to create a zero-carbon future.”
Double the data for the same price on VOXI – Black Friday
Ahead of Black Friday, VOXI has also launched some early offers**.
Notes to editors
*VOXI will donate £63,000 to rainforest charity Cool Earth. Customers can choose their favourite project – biodiversity, people or trees – and VOXI will donate £4 in their name. The offer is available from 23 November until 30 November 2021 (or while codes last). There are 15,750 £4 donations to claim. Offer can only be redeemed once per VOXI customer. For current VOXI customers only. Terms apply. Cool Earth T-shirt Prize Draw: The offer is available from 23 November and ends on 30 November 2021. The prize includes one free Cool Earth branded T-shirt. The prize includes free delivery. One entry per VOXI customer. For current VOXI customers only. Terms apply.
VOXI Drop is the brand’s loyalty programme, which gives customers exclusive freebies every month from well-known brands. It launched in January 2019 and, to date, customers have claimed almost a quarter of a million rewards.
**From 23 November to 29 November 2021, VOXI is offering its best-ever Black Friday offers, including:
- 50GB data plan for just £15 Including 5G and endless data to use on Facebook and Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Unlimited calls, texts and picture messages.
- 100GB date plan for just £20 Including 5G and endless data to use on Facebook and Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Unlimited calls, texts and picture messages.
- Unlimited data plan for just £30 (usually £35). Scroll, swipe, or share as much as you like without worrying about your data.
VOXI by Vodafone, the mobile network for young people, offers plans that let you use selected social apps and websites as much as you like, without eating into your general data allowance. These apps are Facebook & Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Customers also have unlimited calls and texts, along with free roaming in 48 European destinations at no extra cost. VOXI SIM-only plans work on a flexible monthly subscription with no contract; you’re free to change, pause or cancel your plan whenever you like.