- Vodafone UK’s ultrafast 4G will brightening up customers’ lives in Basingstoke, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Reading & Southampton later this summer
- Nearly 1 million people and more than 35,000 businesses across these major towns and cities will be able to benefit from ultrafast mobile internet services
Vodafone UK has unveiled plans to bring its ultrafast 4G services to five of the largest cities and towns in the South of England this summer. The news comes as the company continues to extend its 4G rollout across the UK, adding these areas to the hundreds of cities, towns and local communities now benefiting from Vodafone’s £1 billion investment in its network and services this year.
Vodafone’s 4G coverage will give nearly a million people a better opportunity to stay in touch with friends and family, giving them a choice of fantastic sports or music as well as giving them better access to local services.
The arrival of 4G will also help the more than 35,000 businesses1 across the cities and towns by helping people work where they want to, when they want to. Local businesses will also be able to react faster to the needs of customers and introduce remote working practices for staff which can help reduce costs and increase productivity. Almost nine out of ten business leaders (86%) believe 4G will increase their productivity by providing a genuine ‘in- office’ experience wherever they are, according to research by Vodafone.*
In the last few months, Vodafone has expanded its ultrafast 4G coverage to 239 larger cities, towns and districts as well as thousands of smaller communities across the UK. This is part of the £1 billion it is spending on its UK network and services this year, and its commitment to reach 98% of the population using 3G or 4G over the next few years.
Fergal Kelly, CTO, Vodafone UK added: “Mobile connectivity plays a vital role in keeping communities in touch and helping to support the local economy. Our network improvements will ensure thousands of businesses and hundreds of thousands of consumers in the south of England will have a better opportunity to take part in the growing smartphone revolution, whether they are at work, at home or on holiday.”
Your choice of 4G entertainment
Vodafone ultrafast 4G brings entertainment content to life whether at home or on the go, offering music or sports lovers a choice of access to either Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile. That’s more than 20 million tracks from the world’s best known streaming music provider; or the best in live action football as well as tennis, cricket, golf and rugby.
The choice of great entertainment comes on top of Vodafone Data Test Drive** for the first three months, double Vodafone’s standard data allowances and an additional 1GB of data each month for the length of the contract, plus unlimited calls and texts. Business customers meanwhile can enjoy the flexibility of Vodafone’s free data sharing SIM included in their 4G Red plans. Their 4G plans have also been boosted with an extra 1GB of data for the length of the customer’s contract.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- *Vodafone research showing that 86% of businesses believe that 4G will increase their productivity was conducted with 554 organizational leaders across UK PLC and is available at http://www.yourbetterbusiness.co.uk/perspective_4g_in_the_workplace.
- **Vodafone Data Test Drive – use as much UK data as you want for three months when you choose a Pay monthly or 12-month SIM only plan. For more information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/testdrive
- Definition of ultrafast 4G coverage rollout: Live in 119 locations with population of over 10,000, and starting to rollout in 120 locations with a population of over 10,000. Ultrafast 4G is also live in a hundreds of locations with population of under 10,000.
- For a list of cities, towns and districts visit www.vodafone.co.uk/4g Customers can check Vodafone’s current and planned coverage at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage- map/index.htm
- Coverage predictions are based on an assumption that Vodafone can obtain planning permission to build sites, access to land or buildings to place equipment and backhaul to connect sites.
- 1Adapted from data from the Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.2.0.
- Vodafone 4G is typically 6 times faster than our 3G. Speeds vary and depend on coverage and demand. For more information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/4g
- If you would like 4G devices for review, please contact Eve Lacey at Ideas Network on 020 7351 4719 or email email@example.com
- Vodafone is committed to closing the digital divide and alongside coverage improvements it is the only UK operator to supply consumers with an in-home coverage solution. Vodafone Sure Signal provides indoor Vodafone 3G coverage to anyone with a basic fixed broadband connection. For more information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/suresignal. Vodafone is also working with 12 rural communities to improve 3G coverage through Vodafone Open Sure Signal. For more information visit https://newscentre.vodafone.co.uk/