Vodafone UK customers can now take advantage of the largest ultrafast 4G roaming network. Vodafone customers on 4G price plans with 4G compatible smartphones and tablets will be able to enjoy 4G in 23 destinations worldwide as 19 new destinations join Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal which launched earlier this year.
This is great news for UK travellers who made around 42 million visits to countries now covered by Vodafone 4G roaming last year*. Vodafone’s 4G roaming offer covers Spain, France and the US which is even better news for customers, as they were most visited countries by UK travellers last year, with more than 23 million visits.
In addition, Pay monthly Vodafone 4G customers travelling to any 4G destination in Vodafone’s Europe Zone can take their UK minutes, texts and data for just £3 a day with Vodafone EuroTraveller. Customers travelling to a 4G destination within Vodafone’s WorldTraveller Zone can take their UK minutes, texts and data with them for just £5 a day.
All Vodafone Red price plans come with UK unlimited calls and texts, so customers using Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller are able to call or text home, without worrying about unexpected bills. There’s no charge for receiving calls or texts on both services and customers will only pay for the days they use their mobile abroad.
Cindy Rose, Vodafone UK’s Head of Consumer, said: “Our customers now have 4G in more countries than ever before as a result of Vodafone’s significant global presence. We are really excited to be able to offer our thousands of customers travelling around the world, whether on business or for fun, an even better 4G experience.”
Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller are available to pay monthly and small business plans customers, whether on 4G or not. For further information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/4g-abroad
Notes to editors:
- Destinations with 4G roaming: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan and USA. A day is defined as 00:00 to 23:59 local time of the capital city. Vodafone UK Roaming Partner’s 4G speeds may vary due to coverage and demand.
- *Information taken from Office of National Statistics http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/ott/travel- trends/2013/rft-travel-trends–section-5-uk-residents-abroad–2013.xls
- Vodafone EuroTraveller is available to pay monthly and small business plans customers, whether on 4G or not, in 40 destinations, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland. For a full list of destinations visit www.vodafone.co.uk/eurotraveller
- Vodafone WorldTraveller is available to pay monthly and small business plans customers, whether on 4G or not, in nine destinations, including New Zealand and USA. For a full list of destinations visit www.vodafone.co.uk/worldtraveller
- Customers are automatically opted in to monthly internet spending limits of £41.29. Vodafone send free text messages to let them know much of their monthly allowances they have used. Once they have reached their limit, they will not be able to use internet abroad for the rest of the monthly billing period, unless they choose to opt out. If customers opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller or Vodafone WorldTraveller they are opting out of the spending limits. This is because they can use their UK minutes, texts and data in any of the included destinations for that plan (either Europe Zone or World Traveller Zone).
- Pay as you go customers can also opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go and use their existing UK price plan of voice minutes, texts along with 100MB of data, when they are travelling in Vodafone’s Europe zone, for £3 a day (midnight to midnight UK time). If they are in a country with Vodafone 4G roaming coverage they will also a 4G phone and need a 4G enabled allowance to benefit from 4G speeds when using data. For more information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad