Vodafone Together customers can nab a £12 Just Eat voucher, just as new research reveals how the UK's takeaway tastes and spending habits vary region-by-region.
- New research from Vodafone reveals the traditional fish and chips and a Chinese takeaway are top of the tastebuds as the nation’s favourite meals to order online.
- Pizza and Indian were also revealed as Brits’ top takeaway choices.
- Londoners are the biggest spenders, with an average of £73.70 spent on takeaways each month.
- 31% of Brits are creatures of habit, and most likely to stick to their tried-and-trusted takeaway option.
- Vodafone, who commissioned the research, has launched Vodafone Together, a broadband and mobile package that saves families money on their connectivity (up to £380 a year) and gives further discounts on our favourite things. For example, this month Vodafone Together customers can claim a free £12 Just Eat Voucher to spend on a meal of their choice.
- The national average price for a cod, chips and drink stands at £9.82 meaning that Vodafone Together customers can treat themselves to a meal and still have money to choose a side – pickled egg anyone?
New research from Vodafone highlights Brits as a nation of takeaway lovers, with a quarter (25%) admitting to ordering takeaway meals three or four times a month. The survey reveals that we share a nationwide love of ordering meals at home, but what we order differs across the country. Those in the North East opt for a traditional fish and chips (17%), while Londoners prefer a steaming hot pizza (18%).
Elsewhere, both Scotland and the South West were unveiled as the biggest fans of a Chinese takeaway, with a quarter of the population (23%) in each area selecting it as their top choice. The Welsh confirmed that fried chicken was their second favourite pick (13%), after fish and chips (14%).
The research comes as Vodafone has launched Vodafone Together, a package of broadband and mobile to save families up to £380 a year. On top of that saving Vodafone Together customers can receive amazing family experiences, treats and discounts. The first monthly reward launches today, a £12 Just Eat voucher to spend towards a meal of their choice, helping to make that takeaway treat a little more affordable.