- Vodafone UK has rolled out High Definition Voice technology across the UK
- Customers making Vodafone-to-Vodafone calls on compatible phones will enjoy exceptionally clear conversations with family, friends and work colleagues
- Part of £1 billion Vodafone is spending on its network and services across the country this year
Vodafone UK has rolled out HD (High Definition) Voice technology across the UK. Both consumer and business customers with compatible phones are enjoying the best call quality in town.
Compatible phones automatically switch to HD Voice technology when in range and it is not just 3G customers who benefit. Vodafone’s ultrafast 4G customers also experience HD quality when their phone connects to 3G to make calls.
The rollout of HD Voice is part of £1 billion Vodafone is spending on its network and services across the country this year. That investment comes on top of the £802 million that Vodafone spent acquiring the widest portfolio of mobile spectrum in last year’s auction of new capacity by Ofcom.
Work is also already well underway to deliver Vodafone’s commitment to provide coverage using 2G, 3G or 4G services to 98% of the UK population. In the last few months, Vodafone expanded its ultrafast 4G coverage to more than 313 cities, towns and districts and thousands of smaller communities across the UK.
Vodafone UK Technology Director, Fergal Kelly, said, “Our HD Voice brings our best call quality to our customers. It is another important step towards our commitment to deliver our strongest ever network to the UK.”
For more information on Vodafone HD Voice visit www.vodafone.co.uk/hdvoice”>
Notes to editors:
- To find out more about HD Voice go to https://newscentre.vodafone.co.uk/2014/09/11/hd-voice-comes-to-vodafone-uk/
- HD Voice is not currently supported on Sure Signal, Open Sure Signal and in-building coverage solutions
- For a list of cities, towns and districts with Vodafone’s ultrafast 4G coverage visit www.vodafone.co.uk/4g