- Vodafone’s VeryMe Rewards programme launches new ‘Festive Squad’ game to bring families or friends together this Christmas.
- Work as a team to beat the game on your mobile, tablet or computer – even if you’re in different places.
- Play together throughout the week to bag an end of week treat for all the family – including a pizza night, group trip to the cinema and entertainment from Spotify, Sky Sports and NOW TV.
- Jamie Redknapp, son Beau and mum Sandra have set the top score – can you beat it?
- VeryMe Rewards is gifting its best ever line-up of free treats and rewards to every Vodafone mobile customer this Christmas.
- As a thank you for being a loyal customer, claim free mince pies, chocolates, socks and more with ten giveaways between 2nd and 23rd
Vodafone and VeryMe Rewards have launched a new online game to bring families and friends together and give them an extra treat this Christmas. The new ‘Festive Squad’ game goes live at the same time as VeryMe’s biggest ever rewards month – with every Vodafone mobile customer able to claim ten new festive treats over the Christmas period.
Families or groups of friends can play together as a team to beat the ‘Festive Squad’ game and claim a new group treat each week. There are over a thousand experiences available: including a family pizza night, trip to the cinema or free entertainment for a family night in.
Families and friends can play together on their mobile, tablet or PC – even if they’re in different places. Team game player, Jamie Redknapp and his family tested out the game for Vodafone and set the score to beat. Watch their video:
Catch baubles, stack up Christmas puddings or shoot falling snowballs to beat the game with each family member completing a level before passing it on to the next player. So whether you’re travelling back from uni, picking up the turkey or putting up the Christmas decorations, you can keep in touch and play together.
The weekly treats include:
- A night in with takeaway pizza for the whole family with a £50 Pizza Express voucher. Or treat the kids to a meal out and use the voucher at one of PizzaExpress’ participating UK restaurants.
- A family trip to the big screen with a Vue Cinema ticket bundle.
- Free Spotify subscriptions so you can listen to the ultimate holiday playlist.
- Sky Sports day passes loaded with all the sporting action ready for the Christmas holidays.
- NOW TV entertainment pass so you can catch a Christmas classic together.
Accessible through VeryMe Rewards within the My Vodafone app, Festive Squad consists of four fun levels that can be shared with up to three friends or family members over the three-week period, from the 4th December until 20th December.
Jamie Redknapp, ex-professional footballer and TV pundit said: “For me, Christmas is all about quality time with loved ones, but with the busy lives we lead, it’s often hard to fit it all in. Christmas is especially busy for us, juggling work commitments and all the kids activities. That’s why I was excited to test out Vodafone’s Festive Squad game, as you can play it together even if you’re in different places. It was great to get Beau and my mum into it too – Mum was great! We loved playing it and think other families will love it too.”
Nick Jeffery, Vodafone UK Chief Executive Officer, said:
“The run up to Christmas can be a hectic time with shopping to do, nativities to watch and nights out to get ready for. Our Festive Squad game from Very Me brings families and friends together even if they’re in different places.
Our Very Me programme this Christmas is our biggest ever with ten festive rewards for every mobile customer. It’s our way of saying thank you and Happy Christmas to our loyal customers.”
If you don’t win a prize in the Festive Squad game, Vodafone is giving away free treats to every mobile customer throughout December on VeryMe Rewards including:
- Free Prosecco from Majestic – RRP up to £9.99 (2nd December).
- Free Lindor Truffles from Lindt – RRP £5 (4th December).
- Personalised luxury wrapping paper from Pretty Gifted – RRP £7.95 (6th December).
- Sweet treats and mince pies from Greggs – RRP £1.50 (9th December).
- A Christmas card from Thortful – RRP £3.29 (11th December).
- Joe & Seph’s Gourmet Popcorn – RRP £4 (13th December).
- Festive socks from the SOCKSHOP – RRP £4.99 (16th December).
- Movie rental from Rakuten – RRP up to £3 (18th December).
- A chocolate lollipop from Thorntons – RRP £1 (20th December).
- A hot drink from Costa Coffee – RRP £2.85 (23rd December).
Vodafone’s unlimited data plans will allow you to do more of what you love this Christmas, whether that is streaming, sharing, searching, or shopping. To find out more download the My Vodafone app.
– Ends –
Notes to editors
Festive Squad will be open at 07:00 on 4th December 2019 and close at 23:00 on 20th December 2019.
There are 1680 prizes to giveaway worth over £52,000 (compared against the RRP value).
- PizzaExpress £50 voucher (500 available).
- Vue ticket bundle worth £42.16 (based on a family package at Vue Newbury – 2D film) (500 available).
- Spotify Premium subscription worth £9.99 (180 available).
- NOW TV Entertainment Pass – £8.99 (250 available).
- Sky Sports Day Pass – £9.99 (250 available).
There will be a limited set of prizes available each day (detailed below) – these will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis and can be won at the following times:
- 07:00 on 4 December 2019 – 23:00 on 6 December 2019: 166 x £50 Pizza Express vouchers per day (prizes can be won between 7am – 11pm on each day).
- 07:00 on 9 December 2019 – 23:00 on 13 December 2019: 100 x Vue Family ticket bundle per day (prizes can be won between 7am-11pm on each day) which includes the following: 2 adult cinema tickets, 2 child cinema ticket.
- 07:00 on 16 December 2019 – 23:00 on 16 December 2019 (prizes can be won between 7am – 11pm on this day only): 180 x 1 month Spotify Premium Subscription.
- 07:00 on 17 December 2019 – 23:00 on 18 December 2019 (prizes can be won between 7am – 11pm on each day): 125 x 1 month NOW TV Entertainment Passes per day.
- 07:00 on 19 December 2019 – 23:00 on 20 December 2019 (prizes can be won between 7am-11pm on each day): 125 x Sky Sports Day Passes per day.
To play ‘Festive Squad’ Vodafone customers will need to claim a unique code via VeryMe Rewards, click through via the link provided and register using the code to get access to the game. This user then becomes ‘the lead player’.
The lead player will need to complete all four mini-games either individually or with help from their team (who can be on any other network) and beat the high-score set for the specific competition period in order to be in with a chance of getting a reward.
Users can compete in every competition period for a chance to win a prize but will need to redeem any rewards they have won by 23:59 on 31st December 2019.
VeryMe Rewards Christmas offers:
Each reward will be live for 24 hours and will be released from 2nd December – 23rd December. Offers are subject to availability. Every Vodafone Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go mobile customer has the opportunity to redeem once per person. Customers are able to save over £40 if every new offer is claimed.