- Take your UK minutes, texts and data with you for just an extra £5 a day with the launch of Vodafone WorldTraveller
- Vodafone WorldTraveller is available in the USA, India, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, Ghana, Qatar and South Africa
- Travellers to Europe are still enjoying special offer of £2 a day when opting into Vodafone EuroTraveller
Vodafone UK today announced the launch of Vodafone WorldTraveller, which lets Pay monthly customers, including business travellers on certain business price plans, take their existing UK minutes, texts and data with them to destinations across the globe for just £5 a day* including VAT.
Vodafone WorldTraveller gives Pay monthly customers, including business travellers on certain price plans, visiting the USA, India, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, Ghana, Qatar and South Africa the ability to spend more time talking, texting and surfing the web. What’s more, calls and texts received are free. By calling 5555 customers can opt in for no extra charge and they will only pay for the days they use their mobile.
And for those travelling to Europe, there is Vodafone EuroTraveller. More than 1.5 million customers have chosen to use Vodafone EuroTraveller and until the end of August, Pay monthly customers who opt into Vodafone EuroTraveller can use their UK minutes, text and data in our Europe Zone for the special offer of just an extra £2** a day. Like Vodafone WorldTraveller, there’s no charge for receiving calls or texts and customers will only pay for the days they use their mobile abroad.
Now there’s no excuse not to keep in touch whilst you’re away. For further information on Vodafone’s offerings when travelling abroad visit http://vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad
Notes to editors
- *A day is defined as 00:00 to 23:59 local time of the capital city.
- **Vodafone EuroTraveller £2 a day is a special promotion. Terms apply and the £2 offer ends 31 August 2014. After this date, the price will change to the standard rate of £3 a day. For further information visit www.vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad
- To benefit you must opt in to Vodafone WorldTraveller. All out of bundle charges are the same as price plans in the UK.
- Pay monthly customers who opt in to Vodafone EuroTraveller and Vodafone WorldTraveller have the reassurance of using their UK price plan whilst travelling in Europe and the WorldTraveller Zones and therefore be opted out of our monthly data spending cap. Customers will continue to receive text alerts when they are approaching the end of their monthly mobile internet bundle.
- Vodafone Europe Zone destinations: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey), Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark (inc Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, France, French West Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy (inc Vatican City & San Marino), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl. Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.